Annual General Meeting
The Cataraqui Cemetery Company (Corporation), as a non capital share corporation (not for profit), is required to hold Annual General Meetings (A.G.M.).
The Interment Rights Holders of the Cemetery are the members of the Corporation (non capital share holders) and they are encouraged to attend and participate.
At the A.G.M., the outgoing trustees of The Cataraqui Cemetery Company (Corporation) are to communicate and make a full report of the management, condition and fiscal concerns of the Corporation. Additionally, the A.G.M is held:
- to receive the reports from the President of the Corporation, the Treasurer of the Corporation and the General Manager of the Corporation;
- to receive the audited financial statements of the Corporation for the previous fiscal year;
- to appoint auditors of the Corporation for the ensuing fiscal year;
- to consider and approve the acts and proceedings of the trustees of the Corporation since the last consideration and approval thereof;
- to elect trustees of the Corporations; and
- to transact such other business as deemed necessary by the trustees.
Please note that nominations for Trustees are not accepted from the floor at the A.G.M. Interested members are asked to contact our office for more information about the nomination process.
The specific date, time, location and notice of the A.G.M. is subject to The Cataraqui Cemetery Company Act of Incorporation and By-law No. 1, A By-law for the Good Corporate Governance of The Cataraqui Cemetery Company.